Fall (September - November)
- Build strong study skills - one of the most important tasks of your freshman year is to learn effective study habits.
Winter (December - February)
- Career Development - learning about careers requires time and effort. Counselors meet with all 9th grade students in English I classrooms for career development utilizing the SDmyLife career exploration program. Students should continue exploring careers and taking interest inventories provided on this site. Take a look at the career page and begin exploring the links offering interest inventories, career information, and educational opportunities.
- Course Registration - register for next years classes. Remember to plan classes that meet graduation requirements and your future career interests. Review the Course Registration and Changes page for all you registration planning needs.
Spring (March - May)
- Career Day Activities - Explore the career focused coursework at the CTE Academy
- Job Shadow - utilize what you learned through career exploration this school year to set up a job shadow experience. Select the Career page and follow instructions to complete a job shadow experience.
- Create a Student Resume - begin filling in the activities, leadership opportunities, and awards.
- Volunteer - review opportunities listed on the career page
- Explore Career Camps - listed on the career page
- Job - begin saving for post-secondary expenses