Fall (September - November)
- Explore your career options in more detail - Counselors visit English II classrooms for career development. Students will assess their interests, skills, learning style, and personality style. Students will view careers matching their assessment results.
- Take a practice PSAT (October)
Winter (December - February)
- Stay involved in extracurricular activities and work on developing leadership roles
- Take the Pre-ACT (February)
- Job Shadow - utilize what you learned through career exploration this school year to set up a job shadow experience. Set up a Job Shadow on the Career page.
Spring (March- May)
- Study hard and keep your grades up
- Career Day Activities - Post Secondary planning/college visit
- Review the following sites for information on planning for post-secondary education:
- Mapping your Future: helping students and families learn to plan, pay, and succeed in college. https://southdakota.mappingyourfuture.org/
- Select Dakota: website designed to provide prospective students (recent high school graduates, transfers, or adult learners) and parents with information that can be used to make informed decisions about the best place to attend. https://selectdakota.org/default.aspx
- Spend time preparing for the ACT - utilize the SDmyLife.com Method Test Prep program (check out the testing page for more information)
- Apply for a job and begin to save money for your post-secondary education
- Students interested in playing sports in college: